20 Responses to “Hominid: predation among the human-skeleton'ed prehistoric creatures”

1. Antinous / Moderator says:

No, I wasn’t planning to ever sleep again.  Thanks for asking.

2. David says:

I was on a date like that once.

3. H.R. Giger called and asked for his nightmares back.

4. Trent Baker says:

A vision of a future where humans, having destroyed or consumed all other animal life are forced to evolve to fill the environmental niches we so carelessly plundered.

5. silkox says:

The bodyplan of the flying hominid is messed up. Wings are a forelimb homologue, and only insects get to have three pairs of limbs with bilateral symmetry, so this organism shouldn’t have arms to go with its wings. The spider hominid is just right, with four pairs of limbs.

6. bcsizemo says:

Reminds me of the Aeon Flux Leisure short.  Especially the end:

7. Rich Keller says:

This was creepy and I do mean that in the best possible way. This was disturbingly inventive.

8. Ian Wood says:

Fantastic.

I would appreciate (on the host’s part) not making the assumption that everyone has the fattest datapipe, and defaulting to HD OFF.

9. Chentzilla says:

It’s the XXI century, can we stop being afraid of skeletons?
    H. K. Chesterton would wholeheartedly agree.

10. Alpacaman says:

Very good. Teleological in a very literal sense? Rather than giving nature human goals, it is literally made human. Or at least close enough, the skulls are defo sapiens.

I can’t get italics going.

11. sigismund says:

Wow, that’s terrific !!  It’s such a great work that you don’t even need to click on the play button it to realize this !! No, no… I don’t need to click on the play button… I’m telling you I don’t need to click… I won’t play it… But it’s terrific !!

12. Editz says:

A unicorn chaser in this style would be unsettling.

13. absimiliard says:

Wow, and EWWWWWWWwwwwww!!!! at the same time.  Lots of both FWIW.

-abs thinks this is way down deep in his Uncanny Valley