Choose-your-own-adventure wedding proposal comic

12 Responses to “Choose-your-own-adventure wedding proposal comic”

1. elondaits says:

AWFUL! I would have said NO only because of all the threats of death and misery. Instead of “my life would suck without you” it’s a “your life would suck, and be short, without me”.

• Boundegar says:

And I loved it for the same reason.  I’m willing to bet she did too, although it’s possible she was simply terrorized into accepting the proposal.  But I doubt it.

EDIT: I clicked through to the examples, and d’awwww!

• chgoliz says:

Or perhaps the “threatening” details were based on private jokes and memories from their relationship which we strangers are not privy to, and therefore do not understand the full meaning.

•  I also found that kind of off-putting. The cover is stellar, though.

• Mark Davis says:

Methinks you take the whole thing a tad too seriously.  I thought they were all pretty funny.

OTOH calling this a “choose your own adventure” comic is stretching it a bit – it’s one question with two outcomes, and just a list of consequences for each of those consequences.

• elondaits says:

Yeah, well.. I take it a bit seriously because it’s a wedding proposal. It’s one thing where tact and careful choice of words  is a big deal.

2. 10xor01 says:

Using a vintage Sea Monkeys ad for the back cover was brilliant.

3. Sam Wilson says:

Wow! Thank you for posting this, Cory. And thanks to our friends who gave their support and brought so much joy and creativity to the proposal. I’m relieved that Kerry took it in the spirit that it was intended, and said yes!

4. SedanChair says:

“It was adorable and of course she said yes.”

How elaborate does a proposal have to be before it becomes a form of coercion through embarrassment?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I had a nightmare about that a couple of years ago. I dreamt that some horribly schlumpy guy that I didn’t even know made one of those big YouTubestravaganza proposals, and I was so embarrassed that I said yes. Fortunately, waking up is a fairly easy way to get out of an engagement.

• wrybread says:

Pffft!

• chgoliz says:

Having been the recipient of a ridiculously elaborate proposal (fortunately not enacted in a public space), I can attest to the fact that it is possible to say no.  If you sense that you’re being coerced into any form of contract, listen to your gut and walk away.