Minecraft gets animated textures

12 Responses to “Minecraft gets animated textures”

1. nixiebunny says:

So… all they had to do was to point to a starting line in the texture map that’s the game frame count % texture resolution? Sounds like a fairly simple program change.

• Boundegar says:

No, I think all sorts of animations are supported.  This particular one induces vertigo.  More likely applications might be swaying tall grass and leaves on trees.  I hope.

• nixiebunny says:

I was hoping for animated GIFs to be stored in the texture pack, so you could have all sorts of fun. The version you describe is quite similar to the one I described, with a slightly different math function.

• Tyrone Olds says:

Not exactly gifs, but might as well be.  Though the game can take more colors than gif supports.  http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Texture_Packs#Texture_Animations_in_Minecraft_1.5

2. Mike Robinson says:

I had an acid trip like this once.

3. Fex says:

WHY AM I DRUNK, APPARENTLY??

4. Dlo Burns says:

“What, are the textures really gross looking or something? Whatever it is it can’t be that bad”

-»watches video«-

JESUS FACK

5. Mr. Son says:

Well, playing like that wouldn’t make me sick, but I would probably get super-disoriented. Geez.

At least it wasn’t the flashing strobe colors of “the internet hates people with epilepsy”. That often gives me a headache.

6. Traska says:

Well, that was vaguely unsettling.

7. elix says:

It doesn’t always have to be nauseating… but depending on your opinion, my link isn’t it (SFW; He-Man What’s Going On video as a texture with the song dubbed over top).

8. ocker3 says:

Didn’t really affect me much, but then I could happily read a book while travelling in the car, even though my family warned me I’d get sick and throw up. I’ve only gotten motion sickness twice in my life, once when I had the flu Really bad and once when I apparently threw up while asleep in the car…