20 Responses to “Our Wedding Song: stories of 4 elderly couples, through songs that played at their marriages”

1. robuluz says:

Sweet.

2. stegodon says:

Usually I only bother to log in to correct people about how long the rabies virus can live in a frozen corpse or something but… Xeni, I love ya girl.

3. if they make this video again in 20 years and interview my brother and his wife the song will be “Madrigal” by Rush which they used instead of “here comes the bride”.

Awesome band at the reception. MY SIL’s grandfather was in a Texas Swing band that also played a lot of blues. Grandpa is dead now, but he left my bro a couple of 1950′s Gibsons that are worth a few thou each. I don’t understand this obsession with vintage instruments. I bought a cheap robotically made Squier VMJ bass that is as good as any of the Fender jazz basses of the sixties it copies, and it was dirt cheap.

4. welcomeabored says:

Loved them in ‘When Harry Met Sally.’

5. rattypilgrim says:

If you can find it anywhere, I recommend  “For Better or For Worse”, by David Collier. An Academy nominated Best Documentary of 1993 it takes a down to earth but loving look at several couples who were married or together for at least 50 years. Sometimes sweet, sometimes feisty, the couples interviewed talk about what it took to stay together for such a long time even wondering themselves at how they managed it.

6. Boundegar says:

Was that first couple Dick and Lynn Chaney?

7. showme says:

I never got the phrase, “by far one of the most.” What does that mean? I know what “by far the most” or “one of the most” mean.

(pet peeve)

8. Data1001 says:

Aww. This makes me go all squooshy inside.

Thanks to BoingBoing for passing it along, thanks to CDZA for making it, and especially thanks to these cute couples for sharing their stories.