Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Sun newspaper

48 Responses to “Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Sun newspaper”

1. He says you Blade Runner

edit: gee that film looks great. I got stuck in google images yesterday because of this story.

2. Marc45 says:

Methinks your reading far too much intention in a crappy tabloid ;)

• aperturehead says:

Speaking of guns. No one is holding guns to the collective temples of the tens of thousands of British readers who buy The Sun every day.

Of course, Steenkamp’s bold photo is a self-parody of the PAGE 3 GIRL kind of which the SUN is known.Rob, your text is on the satirical and/or sarcastic side – which is all fine and good, BUT the stinging bite of sarcasm has never stalled the the almghty dollar (or in this case, the almighty few pence)

3. They should have added “Turn to Page 3 for Non-Tragic Boobs” to keep the 3 theme – and general vibe of class – going for one more round.

4. Quaternion says:

Masterpiece? Pfff. My suspension of disbelief was of course complete until I noticed that there should be more padding around the 1 in the 3:10. It’s like they never looked at a digital clock before.

5. robuluz says:

Hey, the Sun is just reporting the facts about this sexy murder.

6. elix says:

Remind me why we’re still fighting to defend our freedom of speech and the continued right to independent journalism again?

7. Jake0748 says:

Britain’s Most Popular Paper.  It says so right there at the top. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded that the US isn’t the ONLY fucked up country in the world. Thank you, drive through.

8. Daneel says:

Gotcha!

9. David Miller says:

Am I the only one who just assumes she didn’t pass his Voit Kampf test?

10. R. E. Warner says:

Not to play on their bad nickname, but something about this *does* look like a magazine cover out of the movie (Bladerunner)

11. peteywheats says:

I love legitimate Art Criticism.

12. echar says:

I am not fully sure I understand what is going on, but  I think I like it.

13. SedanChair says:

This picture said: “Boo-OHHHH I’M CAPITAL! WORSHIP ME! I commanded Rupert Murdoch to print this front page, and that’s exactly what he did. Had he failed to print it, he’d have been committing the Sin of Not Max Profiting.”

Then it turned to you and said: “What’ll I be commanding you to do tomorrow?

14. Dlo Burns says:

Look this only proves handi-capable people can do what anyone else can.

15. Nonentity says:

I love how, rather than saying he murdered his lover, they seem to be quoting someone else saying it.  Either that, or they’re using the phrase as a euphemism…

• Luke says:

That’s so they can’t get sued for libel before he is found guilty (or if he is found innocent) at the trail. It’s standard practise in UK press.

16. bloodybl says:

Judge: Can I ask a personal question. Have you ever retired a human by mistake?

17. duncancreamer says:

I thought they had decided to get rid of the Page 3 Girl… oh. Nevermind.

18. You missed the Reeve Steenkamp bikini spread in Puffington Host, then?

38 images, if memory serves.

Sauce for the goose….

19. jan angevine says:

Why is it no one has mentioned that she is a lawyer and a women’s rights advocate? Hmmm?