Thom Yorke's Atoms for Peace live DJ sets: "f-ing bonkers"

Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich are launching the debut album for Atoms for Peace with a special series of DJ sets in NYC, London, and Berlin.

The sets will be much more than just two guys with two turntables and a microphone, and will involve live generative visual art, live drum machine programming— they sound like they'll really be something special.

From Rolling Stone:

The performance will also feature dynamic visuals designed by Dutch artist Tarik Barri. "That's fucking bonkers," says Yorke. "It's not like anything else."

8 Responses to “Thom Yorke's Atoms for Peace live DJ sets: "f-ing bonkers"”

1. teapot says:

Holy. Crap.

This album rocks. If the Atoms for Peace live show is anything like the recent Radiohead concerts it is most def gonna be f-ing bonkers. Check out this vid of their show, It’s easily the best concert I’ve ever seen live.

2. Julian Wasson says:

Live dynamic visuals are not like anything else? Is he completely talking out his ass, or has he really never been to a chiptune show?

• No doubt he’s neither of the folks who’ve been to a chiptune show.

• C W says:

I doubt “a chiptune show” is “not like anything else” either, by your standards.

• Julian Wasson says:

They’re not, really. But then I don’t claim they are, either.

I mean, I bet the show is going to be awesome. Every Atoms for Peace song I’ve heard has been amazing. It’s just marketing bullshit is marketing bullshit even when the offender is somebody I like.

• avraamov says:

…or seen an oskar fischinger film. yorke and radiohead’s whole thing is claiming to be first at stuff though – or ‘experimental’, none of which is ever true, really.

3. robuluz says:

Yeah I’m enjoying this collaboration a lot.

4. Boundegar says:

I dunno man, to me it sounds like two guys with two turntables and one Radiohead CD.