Global children with their favorite toys

16 Responses to “Global children with their favorite toys”

1. Nash Rambler says:

This seems like a combination “serious kid/kentucky” site.  I find it fascinating, yet just a bit disturbing.  C’mon kids, you should be playing with that fun-looking stuff!

2. Marios P. says:

The kid with the guns is kinda terryfying. And the bob hat doesn’t fit in the collection. I wonder where is he from US or UK?
    Edit: Neither. Kiev damn!
    the stark diferences between the wealthy and the poor kids make me so damn sad

3. Trefunk says:

*Ukraine.

4. alesloan says:

Who spells Ukraine as “Ucraina”? Weird!

But yeah, the contrast is astonishing, yet you can still see prevailing patterns (e.g. that boys like speed and weapons)…

5. chgoliz says:

That girl from Haiti: one doll with 4 dresses, and the rest of the “toys” are plastic hair clips and ponytail holders.  When I look at some of these photos, I think “toy” is being translated into “something that is specifically mine instead of being for the whole family”.

What’s with the girl from Utah, who supposedly only has about 8 bats (and one ball)?

6. sigismund says:

when you say “global”, you mean : “outside western world” ? I remember Gilberto Gil  interviewed : “the Roman used to call “the world”, the roman empire ; everything else was outside the world. Now you call “world music” everything that’s OUTSIDE your empire.”

• L_Mariachi says:

Pretty sure Texas, Colorado, Alaska, Iceland, Italy, Sweden, and Utah are considered parts of the “western world.” (We are looking for a nice world to take Texas off our hands though.)

Interesting to see that girls’ toys are boring and stupid everywhere.

7. Stephan says:

That girl from Bali is a true American patriot.