Disney World Luau bowl

22 Responses to “Disney World Luau bowl”

1. Andrew Reid says:

Ho ho! Typography jokes are indeed fun, but there’s a real “w” for comparison in the word “bowl”, so while it does look like “Wau bowl” at first glance, it’s actually not ambiguous in context.

• bill_mcgonigle says:

What a poorly rendered typeface.  The ‘si’ in Polynesian also runs together, causing difficulty in reading.  I don’t remmeber hard-to-read signs when I was there as a kid.

2. John McGaw says:

OK, so ‘”wau” is the alternative form of the generic Polynesian pronoun “au” but I still think that this is a ‘luau’ bowl. Unless it is a German dog bowl where ‘wau’ (as in woof) has some other meaning.

3. vonbobo says:

Londerful!

4. SedanChair says:

What’s with all the Disney shit, did we decide they are not pernicious or something?

• Girard says:

Disney’s racism, IP terrorism, rampant capitalism, and hollow, plastic contributions to American popular culture are all just so cute, though!

• theophrastvs says:

(“What’s with all the Disney shit..?”) are you new here?  next try asking “what’s all this banana crap?” or “why should we care about scifi authors?”   m’self, i want more, far more, “what’s messed up about government and anything technological” yeah that’s the stuff.

as a distant aside, can some adept ethnologist explain why a Luau bowl would be two bowls conjoined that-way? (hot poi and cold poi?) thankee.

• LogrusZed says:

I think the problem with bananas is one of racism. How come I can never see some plantain getting represented here?

• Thorzdad says:

Are you new here? There’s always been a huge disconnect between BB’s copyfight etc. stands and the institutional love-in for all things Disney. It’s just something you learn to accept.

5. Personally, I enjoyed this item a lot more when I imagined that “Wau” was a traditional Polynesian ceremony involving a double-barrelled bowl of different but complementary hallucinogens in chip-and-dip form.

6. Nikolas Adair says:

All I can see is the cyclops in the hoodie.

7. B E Pratt says:

Actually, my first was why is Disney to sponsor a bowl game in Hawaii?? Don’t they have one already?

8. jtegnell says:

It’s the Daily Kidney bowl!

9. It’s a really nice design for a hot tub, and the price is right!

10. Sam Alder says:

Oh good, cultural appropriation by a massive corporation.