Winner of the 2013 Pulitzer for Feature Photography

17 Responses to “Winner of the 2013 Pulitzer for Feature Photography”

1. Marko Raos says:

It’s nice to see HDR mature.
    (a disclaimer for the knowledgeable: I’m aware it’s probably not a “full” multiple exposure hdr but derived from a single raw file instead, however nevertheless…)

2. pathman25 says:

Interesting photo. Although here’s a pro-tip for the gunman: Never stick your barrel through the hole in the wall. It gives away your position.

3. waetherman says:

Maybe I’m jaded but as great a picture as this photo is, it just looks like a screenshot from Call of Duty or something. There’s no pathos.

• sdmikev says:

maybe you should learn the meaning of the following words, then –
      perspective
      context

• millie fink says:

You mean it’s shot from the “perspective” of a photographer whose opportunistic “context” is a staged photo-op?

• teapot says:

Being in a war zone standing next to guys the government is trying desperately to kill is an interesting way of being opportunistic.

“Just hold the gun a bit higher and let me throw some dust in the air for ambiance.. could you ignore the incoming bullets for a minute and help me frame this right?”

4. dragonfrog says:

You can tell they’re good guys with guns by the dramatic lighting.

5. baronkarza says:

AKA the “Blood Simple Shot”. Thank you Cohen Bros.

6. teufelsdrochk says:

For me, this gave me immediate memories of the final scene of Near Dark:

Which, if you haven’t seen it, is a spectacular little vampire movie, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, and starring Lance Hendrickson. Interestingly, virtually the entire cast was co-opted by James Cameron for ‘Terminator’ and ‘Aliens’.

7. eli laztanguren says:

“Rebel soldiers” or Al Qaeda members?