MC Frontalot's "I'll Form the Head" - crowdfunded voltronoid nerdcore

MC Frontalot sez, "At long last, here's the third of three videos from my album Solved that were funded by fans via Kickstarter. It was directed by Carly Monardo and features my nerdcore rap compatriots ZeaLouS1 and Dr. Awkward. Lyrics and credits are on the youtube page. The single is out today, too, and it's free at frontalot.com.

Bright-colored robotic space rhinoceri
that we pilot — why? 'Cause they're in supply.
Plus, we heed the cry of our planet's population
to defend them. We report to battle stations!
Split screen — ready! — and our rhinos are rocket ships
with fully articulated tusk, jaws, and hips.
They come equipped with individual special attacks,
none with a lack (but a couple a little bit slack).
I'm not naming any pilot specifically,
but we're all color coded so you notice that typically
I (in the gold) lead the charge, do the most damage
to whatever very giant space invader managed
to threaten the globe in yet another of our episodes.
This week? Malevolent galactic nematode!
Already beat up the squad when we faced him.
I'm calling it: let's form a giant robot and waste him.

MC Frontalot - I'll Form The Head [OFFICIAL VIDEO] (Thanks, Frontalot!)

7 Responses to “MC Frontalot's "I'll Form the Head" - crowdfunded voltronoid nerdcore”

1. Bender says:

Hated the tv show, but love this though.

• oasisob1 says:

With this comment I multiply my ‘like’ to your comment by -1.

• Xploder says:

Bender is right! Actually, the first few books were good but then it became a “lemme see how much bloat I can add in order to pocket fistsfull of money as quickly as possible.” The tv show was and is crappy – and I say that as someone who has the dubious honor of watching it daily with the grandson.

• oasisob1 says:

Are we all talking about the ’80s Voltron?

• AfricanAtlantian says:

I was wondering that too, because Voltron > any mecha show currently running in production or syndication in the ‘States right now. If they are referring to Power Rangers, then yes, I have no love for Saban they’re stuffing cash down their gullets like they work for EA–but that’s another rant entirely.  Simply put, this is another cult hit by the ‘Front. Keep it up!!

TL;DR: Voltron is/was awesome and that’s what this video is parodying in an accurately spectacular way.

2. Timmo Warner says:

This is by far my favourite track off the album! Glad to see it got a fun video.

3. Matthijs Smith says:

Anyone else here seen the original Beast King GoLion? While it still had its faults, it’s great fun, and much more coherent that the remixed American version:

Sadly, the final episode appears to be missing.