Billboard: "Gay Marriage = Gay Clutter"

19 Responses to “Billboard: "Gay Marriage = Gay Clutter"”

1. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Surely the greater level of duplication within a given set of homoclutter allows more efficient compression than can be achieved with the more entropic heteroclutter?

• Wreckrob8 says:

Some might view that as a tad stereotypical. Homo- or heteroclutter can never be determined by sexuality alone.

• Moderationforajustworld says:

True, yet comparatively, clothing and toiletries are less likely to overlap in hetero-unions, providing the homo-unioned some space savings and a less cluttered feel.

2. Homoclutter is worse because it means multiple things of the same type.

3. FrankenPC . says:

Personally, I’m looking forward to Gayrage sales.  The go-to places to buy trendy gay clutter.

4. Christopher says:

There’s something wonderful about the fact that, just below the article, I’m seeing an advertisement with a guy in a tux and a woman in a wedding dress that says, “Do you support TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE? Vote now!”

As much as I hate to stereotype something tells me the people who paid for that advertisement aren’t going to get the answer they’re looking for from most BoingBoing readers.

• fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Given that people pay to run ads(either per impression, or per click, depending), there is a warm, soft, spot in my heart for situations where dubious machine-intelligence attempts at keyword matching end up allocating ads from people I dislike to places they would dislike…

• EH says:

That, or buying your ad space from crappy ad networks who suck at targeting.

• weatherman says:

It should be noted that boingboing’s ads are served by Federated Media, which has deep connections to BB and related companies like Make. While it’s nice to think that anti-gay people are wasting their anti-gay money by advertising on bb, I’m disappointed that Federated, and by extension bb, would take their money at all.

• EH says:

I know, and we don’t disagree.

• David Pescovitz says:

Many of the ads come through remnant networks. It isn’t that we sell those ads directly. When ads like this one slip through, we do our best to block them. I didn’t even see it on the page, so thanks for letting us know!

5. chgoliz says:

One more proof that capitalism WILL win out over so-called “family values”.

6. Brainspore says:

I must have misunderstood what they meant when they said they wanted to “keep things straight.”

7. vrplumber says:

Marriage is gay.

8. Tim H says:

I walk by one of those on my way to work almost every day.  It’s “hilare”.

9. chrisvogel says:

I used to help with an annual LGBT garage-sale fundraiser, particularly in picking up donations and as the cashier.  I observed, year after year, couples donating stuff that they had bought the previous year, and buying “new” (nothing cost very much).  Clutter didn’t occur.

10. I spend a lot of time over by the west side 20′s (lots of u-sotore-its there), and Manhattan Mini Storage has really good ads. The tumblrs have examples: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/manhattan%20mini%20storage