Dave sez, "In Singapore's Fort Canning Park is an old WWII bunker that was repurposed a decade or two ago as a tourist attraction. They installed a number of lifelike animatronic British generals so visitors could experience what it must have been like as they deliberated surrendering to the Japanese. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they've oiled their robots in a while…"
Under ordinary circumstances, I'd award these the prize for creepiest animatronic in Singapore, but I happen to have personally seen the animatronic reenactment of the castration of the eunuch admiral Chen Ho at the 1421 exhibit, which is a tough act to beat.
(Thanks, Dave Prager!)
- Roomba with animatronic chimp head – Boing Boing
- Animatronic zombie that rises out of your garden and chases people …
- Video: documentary on Showbiz animatronic band – Boing Boing
- Animatronic Steve Wozniak comes to Epcot Center ride, animatronic …
- Boing Boing: Hussein Chalayan's awesome animatronic fashion
- HOWTO make an animatronic lion mask with superpowers – Boing Boing
- Japanese animatronics from 1970 World Expo – Boing Boing
- Animatronic band on eBay – Boing Boing