• Particulars: 1GHz Snapdragon CPU, 512MB RAM, 800x480 3.7" AMOLED display, 5MP camera, thin as a pencil, unadventurous HTC industrial design. Hey, at least it isn't yet another chrome-trimmed iClone!
• T-Mobile: $530 unlocked, $180 with contract. You can order it now from Google's online store. Verizon gets it soon, but contract pricing hasn't been announced.
• There is no multitouch. But there is a miniature track-ball, animated 3D wallpapers, and the best implementation of Google's web services.
• The first published review compares it unfavourably to the Moto Droid. It's "just another Android smartphone." Others disagree: "Droid, shmoid; Nexus is the one you're looking for."
• Don't be fooled by intimations that this is the one true Google Phone. There'll be another one just as soon as the next hardware partner needs some marketing catnip sprinkled about. Software's the more interesting battleground, and that fight's now in full swing. So there's nothing to lose watching from a safe distance until your killer app presents itself.
Meet the Claire’s Accessories gom jabbar! Insert a finger into the box and it will print the image of your choice on the nail. Though intended for use by professionals, you can get them on Amazon for just shy of a grand and a few consumer reviews have turned up. It takes just 30 seconds […]
iSongs is a YouTube channel that shows popular songs being recreated from scratch with the music-making app that comes with the iPhone. It’s an excellent and incredibly dense tutorial, too, for those with the “observe and copy” learning style.
Consumer Reports' Digital Lab does groundbreaking privacy research: they're hiring for eight positions including technologists ("resident hacker," "digital standard manager," "information security researcher," "program manager, security and testing," and "privacy testing project leader"); journalists ("digital content manager"); policy and comms ("senior researcher, digital competition" and "associate director, strategic communications — technology and privacy"). Most of […]
Paying for things is all too easy online these days, and that’s why managing your money has gotten so hard. We’ve all done it: You sign up for a streaming subscription or gym membership, blow past the free trial date, and it becomes a part of your monthly expenses. Some of us juggle so many […]
We all know those gifts we get “for the kids,” the ones that parents are secretly more excited to open. Drones are a perfect example, but there’s a model out there that really doubles down on that appeal. Introducing the Space Fighter Building Block Drones, a series of space fighter drones that are a blast […]
The hardest part of web design can be nailing down the look. These days, even non-designers can easily spot a stale stock photo or lazily-made icon. What’s the solution? No matter what kind of artist you are, it’s always a good idea to widen your palette. And with more than a million vector images to […]