I'm one of the "special guests" at this year's San Diego Comic-Con! If you're attending, I hope you'll come by and see some of my programming items, especially my spotlight interview with Cecil Castellucci (Friday, July 20, 1330h-1430h, Room 24ABC), where I'll be making an exciting announcement.
Here's my full schedule, including some extracurriculars not listed in the regular program:
* Thursday, 1PM: Panel - Finding Comfort in the Apocalypse, Room 32AB, with Emily Suvada, Elizabeth Hand, Douglas Holgate, Andrew Smith, Scott Westerfeld and Adron Buske
* Thursday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area Table AA09)
* Thursday, 6PM: Tor Books/Den of Geek happy hour (Horton Grand Hotel Courtyard)
* Friday, 1:30PM: Building a Skeptical Techno-Utopia with Optimistic Disaster Stories (spotlight), Room 24ABC, with Cecil Castellucci
* Friday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area Table AA21)
* Friday, 5PM: Signing (Tor Books booth #2701)
* Saturday, 12PM: Fan meet & greet/signing at Nerdist House, Sparks Gallery
* Sunday, 1PM: Panel - How I Got Here: Paths to Comics-Making, Room 28DE, with Aminder Dhaliwa, Nalo Hopkinson and Calvin Reid.
* Sunday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area #18)
(Image: William Tung, CC-BY-SA)
Amsterdam's Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica (AKA "The Ritman Library) houses more ths 25,000 occult texts, covering "Hermetics, Rosicrucians, Theosophy, alchemy, mysticism, Gnosis and Western Esotericism, Sufism, Kabbalah, Anthroposophy, Catharism, Freemasonry, Manichaeism, Judaica, the Grail, Esotericism, and comparative religion."
The queue area at the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland features a row of changing portraits wherein paintings everyday scenes are revealed as sinister and haunted (originally the effect was done with crossfading slide-projectors; now it's done with an amazing, crisp electroluminiscent effect).
This is my last day at my desk until Labor Day: tomorrow, we're driving to Burning Man to get our annual dirtrave fix! If you're heading to the playa, here's three places and times you can find me:
Are we done with capsule coffee makers yet? Sure, they’re easy. But they are not so easy on the environment, and it’s debatable whether they actually make a better cup. Luckily, there’s never been a better time to switch back to the good old reliable drip method – especially when drip coffeemakers have quietly been […]
If there’s one thing that stayed consistent through the last decade or so of tech industry turmoil, it’s the love affair between techies and Linux. There’s just a ton you can do with the OS, and its open-source format means you can customize your rig from the ground up. Apparently not content with that level […]
Accidents happen. And when they do, you’re going to want a dash cam for a second pair of eyes. At the minimum, a decent dash cam can save you vast sums of time and money in case of an accident. But a really good dash cam can do a whole lot more. Here are six […]