I'm one of the "special guests" at this year's San Diego Comic-Con! If you're attending, I hope you'll come by and see some of my programming items, especially my spotlight interview with Cecil Castellucci (Friday, July 20, 1330h-1430h, Room 24ABC), where I'll be making an exciting announcement.
Here's my full schedule, including some extracurriculars not listed in the regular program:
* Thursday, 1PM: Panel - Finding Comfort in the Apocalypse, Room 32AB, with Emily Suvada, Elizabeth Hand, Douglas Holgate, Andrew Smith, Scott Westerfeld and Adron Buske
* Thursday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area Table AA09)
* Thursday, 6PM: Tor Books/Den of Geek happy hour (Horton Grand Hotel Courtyard)
* Friday, 1:30PM: Building a Skeptical Techno-Utopia with Optimistic Disaster Stories (spotlight), Room 24ABC, with Cecil Castellucci
* Friday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area Table AA21)
* Friday, 5PM: Signing (Tor Books booth #2701)
* Saturday, 12PM: Fan meet & greet/signing at Nerdist House, Sparks Gallery
* Sunday, 1PM: Panel - How I Got Here: Paths to Comics-Making, Room 28DE, with Aminder Dhaliwa, Nalo Hopkinson and Calvin Reid.
* Sunday, 2:30PM: Signing (Autograph Area #18)
(Image: William Tung, CC-BY-SA)
Mysterious Galaxy is a wonderful, longstanding science fiction bookstore, host to readings for the Clarion Workshop, designated bookseller for Comic-Con signings, and much more.
Daniel Moghimi, Berk Sunar, Thomas Eisenbarth and Nadia Heninger have published TPM-FAIL: TPM meets Timing and Lattice Attacks, their Usenix security paper, which reveals a pair of timing attacks against trusted computing chips ("Trusted Computing Modules" or TPMs), the widely deployed cryptographic co-processors used for a variety of mission-critical secure computing tasks, from verifying software […]
Infuriate your racist Facebook uncle this Thanksgiving with a Leopard RBG shirt.
Sous vide cooking: It sounds fancy, but it’s actually one of the easiest and most reliable ways to cook. It’s the reason why many restaurants are able to put out delicious dishes with a consistent flavor. All you need is the right equipment, and that hasn’t always been available to those outside the resto crowd. […]
The more you use your computer, the more it becomes possible for others to use it too. Where there are anti-virus systems, there are hackers looking for a way to get around them. That’s why it’s important to get software that doesn’t just passively scout for viruses in the background. The folks behind GlassWire have […]
Knowledge is power. It’s a cliché, but sometimes things turn into a cliché because they’re true. If you’re making your way through the world of business and entrepreneurship, it only makes sense to read about the insights of people who have climbed that ladder before you. Trouble is, the modern workday doesn’t leave a lot […]