GB Studio is a "free and easy to use retro adventure game creator for your favourite handheld video game system." Use a modern visual scripting interface to create Zelda-style 2D role-playing games that run on the Nintendo Game Boy or standalone on the web.
· Visual game builder with no programming knowledge required.
· Design your graphics in any editor that can output PNG files e.g. Photoshop, Tiled, Aseprite.
· Example project included to get started right away.
· Make top down 2D JRPG style adventure games.
· Build real GB Rom files which can be played in an emulator or on device using USB Carts.
· Build a HTML5 playable game that also works on mobile and can deployed to any webserver or uploaded to Itch.io.
· Built for macOS, Windows and Linux.
· Supports both macOS light and dark mode.
· Includes the full tools that were used to build Untitled GB Game, free to play on Itch.io.
It's by Chris Maltby (on Itch, Twitter) and downloads are available for MacOS, Linux and Windows. [h/t Agies]
The Last of Us is a game about surviving in America after a pandemic. The sequel is out this summer, and as part of the marketing effort, Sony is offering a “The Last of Us Part II” skateboard with an attractive “post-pandemic distressing” effect. [via @ckunzelman] Build a deck with some real character, complete with […]
“NVIDIA GameGAN is a powerful new AI model created by NVIDIA Research and was trained on 50,000 episodes of PAC-MAN to produce a fully functional version of the classic without an underlying game engine.” Read the article about it was done here. Image: Nvidia
You’ve probably seen a biosphere ecosystem before. It’s a glass orb filled with water, some aquatic plants, and some small animals like freshwater shrimp. The only input to the otherwise closed system is sunlight, and the goal is to keep the lifeforms inside the glass sphere going as long as possible. When I was at […]
“It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” – “Lonesome Dove,” Larry McMurtry If the past few months have taught us anything, it’s that we need to be prepared now more than ever. Emergency situations can happen quickly and there’s no telling when you may need […]
Just as in almost any industry that seeks high-demand, well-trained workers, certification often becomes key. For project managers, that means anyone who’s serious about serving in that role with a respected company knows they’re going to need the seal of approval in one of the field’s most recognized methodologies before they stand much of a […]
Popping a new battery in a smoke detector or adding salt to your water softener are easy fixes. But if you run into trouble or a necessary repair in a cramped, tight place, sometimes with no obvious fix or easy access, it can be a pretty frustrating exercise. Since flying blind is the absolute worst, […]