GB Studio is a "free and easy to use retro adventure game creator for your favourite handheld video game system." Use a modern visual scripting interface to create Zelda-style 2D role-playing games that run on the Nintendo Game Boy or standalone on the web.
· Visual game builder with no programming knowledge required.
· Design your graphics in any editor that can output PNG files e.g. Photoshop, Tiled, Aseprite.
· Example project included to get started right away.
· Make top down 2D JRPG style adventure games.
· Build real GB Rom files which can be played in an emulator or on device using USB Carts.
· Build a HTML5 playable game that also works on mobile and can deployed to any webserver or uploaded to Itch.io.
· Built for macOS, Windows and Linux.
· Supports both macOS light and dark mode.
· Includes the full tools that were used to build Untitled GB Game, free to play on Itch.io.
It's by Chris Maltby (on Itch, Twitter) and downloads are available for MacOS, Linux and Windows. [h/t Agies]
I’ve been playing a game called “Chess” lately. I’m not much good, but have found that a good way to get people mad is to use only the “Pawn” characters. Oftentimes players will end up snarled up on them and it’s apparently quite humiliating. In this game the white player quit and msgd me “what […]
Super Mario Maker 2 is designed to let you create your own Mario platformer levels, but the tools are flexible enough that a sufficiently ingenious creator can make all kinds of amazing things with them.
If your office works at all, it uses Microsoft Office. Those icons for Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook are as familiar around some workplaces as the coffee machine. So familiar, in fact, that they get taken for granted – and rarely used to their full potential. Whether you need a crash course in the essential tools […]
It’s a great time to be a maker. 3D printers are on store shelves for anyone to buy, and coder kits like Arduino and Raspberry Pi are letting kids as young as 9 or 10 dive into the Internet of Things. Here are a few examples of our favorite tech toys, all priced low enough […]
Want to make a hit? The right software is out there for anyone, but any music producer will tell you that finding the right sound can still take time and talent. Still, the right tools are a great shortcut, which makes this Synth & Sound Pack Bundle absolutely priceless. And now that it’s on sale […]