Ed Piskor and Jim Rugg continue to dissect the turbulent comic book speculator boom on the 1990s while looking through antique copies of Wizard Magazine.
Some of this issues contents:
* Jack Kirby comes back to comics via his line of Topps Comics
* Palmer's Picks. Rick Veitch
*Jae Lee's Youngblood Strikefile is on the horizon!
* Larry Hama's origin story
* Mike Mignola talks about drawing the Topps adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula
* Dave Sim writes an issue of Spawn
Subscribe to the Cartoonist Kayfabe YouTube channel for more vids celebrating the medium of comics. Read the rest
Ed Piskor and Jim Rugg continue down the 1990s comic book speculation rabbit hole to discuss Wizard 17 from January 1993. In this issue:
• Brutes and Babes: Bart Sears on Cover design including Hip Hop Family Tree, Street Angel, and X-Men: Grand Design
• Valiant gets the spotlight
• Fabian Nicieza writing and editing a lot of books
• Tom Palmer's X-mas recommendations
• Dave Sim passes the halfway point of Cerebus and reflects on Image, Wizard, self-publishing, the direct market, and Jack Kirby's revolutionary work at the dawn of the Marvel Universe
• Roy Thomas adapts Francis Ford Copolla's Bram Stoker's Dracula for Topps and Mike Mignola
• Batman is sad
• Wizard puts out a call for homemade fanzines!!!
Subscribe to the Cartoonist Kayfabe youtube page.
Get your Cartoonist Kayfabe merchandise at our Spreadshop storefront. Read the rest