15 Responses to “Iranian media mistakes Kasper Hauser comedy group as a "virtual reality 'terrorist' group," of "cyber hackers"”

1. retchdog says:

This scenario is very late-Gibson-esque, but funnier.

2. Davin says:

@9, @11,

Have you read anything by Kasper Hauser? They’re pretty great. They do good comedy! I highly recommend their stuff.

3. Bemopolis says:

It’s nice to know that, given all of the differences between the Muslim autocracy in Iran and the Christian autocracy that dominates the right wing in America, they still share a complete vacuum in their skulls where normal people house a sense of humor.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I find Ahmadinejad very similar to Bush. They’re both affable, not very bright, tools of their ideological masters and have no problem killing civil rights and anyone who gets on their nerves.

After reading the intro comment I said to my wife “I didn’t know Obama’s blackberry was cracked.” Between laughs she sputtered out “you could go a lot of different directions with that one!”

I guess you had to be there…

5. Yaruki Zero says:

I wish I could be a cyber hacker, but I don’t really have the talent for the maths, or the money for cyberware implants.

Hey, they used “cracked” instead of “hacked”–has to count for something.

7. Jack says:

Isn’t comedy supposed to be funny?

8. Jack says:

@#13, Davin, yes I have seen their work and heard their performances… Not funny. If you ever need another copy of “SkyMaul” I can score a few from the local thirft shop. Maybe $2 totes?

9. Tdawwg says:

A lovely comic footnote to President Obama’s call for greater dialogue between America and the Muslim world. Maybe at least we’ll understand each other’s jokes better!

10. Halloween Jack says:

The book probably isn’t worth the price (most humor books take about five minutes to read), but that cover is pretty funny.

11. airshowfan says:

A good example of what happens when you don’t read the F’ing link ;]

(Something I fail to do as often as anyone, to be honest).

12. Takuan says:

some Irani students still have a sense of humour. Hope they keep their government jobs. Though being servile to some illiterate bearded bozo who owes his job to going to mosque twelve times a day must gall.