The Boing Boing Guide to the 2010 Indie Games Festival

8 Responses to “The Boing Boing Guide to the 2010 Indie Games Festival”

I love Shatter. Bought it months ago and still regularly play it.

2. CANTFIGHTTHEDITE says:

Everything looks sooooo awesome! Can’t wait for the releases! But Cogs and AAAAaaa! will do nicely until that time.

3. TandemWexley says:

While these all look fantastic, I think Vessel has the best chance of capturing my attention.

I’m psyched to see Super Meat Boy made in the running for the grand prize, I’m a big fan of Edmund McMillan; Aether, Time Fcuk, Spewer are all great games and he deserves the recognition. AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! is also great fun, I purchased it after playing the demo at a friend’s house.

4. SamSam says:

Wow, some of these look really great.

Closure, though the simplest graphically, actually looks really rad. It took me a while to work out why the guy had to bother carrying the light around with him all the time. It’s exactly these kind of out-of-the-box ideas that make indie games so cool.

Intro of Super Meat Boy… STREET FIGHTER II LIVES ON!!!!

Anyone know how to contact Vacuum Flowers, the publishers of Star Guard? It has a pretty annoying bug which means the game crashes about half the time when starting a level. Apart from that it’s ace though. I assume they’d like to know about the bug, but there’s no contact details on their site!

Great write up on the IGF noms! And Congrats to the super talented devs, artists and musicians on the list. I can’t wait to check out your games at GDC!

8. wispsmoke says:

If I were on SCEA’s board, I would give a contract to each and everyone of these artists/studios to put these out on the PSN. It would be an act with selfish roots, yes, but ultimately for the good of the community, methinks.