Now comes the news that Ubisoft's DRM was broken less than 24 hours after release, which isn't such a surprise, really. After all, these are gamers: Ubisoft set them a challenge. Solving challenges is what gamers do. And the bragging rights are monster.
Ubisoft's New DRM Cracked in Under 24-Hours - Updated! (via /.)ÃŸÃŸÃŸ ° Ã› 1. Unpack release Ã› Ã› ± Ã› 2. Mount image or burn it Ã› Ã› Ã› Ã› 3. Install Ã› Ã› Ã› Ã› 4. Copy the content from the SKIDROW folder on the DVD to your Ã› Ã› Ã› Ã› installation directory and overwrite Ã› Ã› Ã› Ã› 5. Play the game Ã› Ã›
- Ubisoft distributes cracking group's no-CD patch as official ...
- DRM should be disclosed on game-boxes
- Hit indie game Braid goes DRM-free on the PC
- Galactic Civilizations II: big budget game, no DRM
- Starforce DRM firm wants you to pirate non-DRM games
- Electronic Arts releases DRM-removal tool
- Amazon reviewers clobber Spore DRM
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.