La Stampa said magistrates were now examining these documents which were "chock full" of sensitive information dealing with sexual habits, health and political inclinations.Turin police raid Scientology chapter (via Running Scared)
In 2000, the Italian supreme Court of Cassation recognised Scientology as a religion but said it was organised as a business and thus subject to taxation.
Member are said to pay high fees for counseling or 'auditing' to advance through the religion's various 'levels'.
Scientology has been at the center of controversy because of its nature as a sect, which has led to accusations of fraud, and many countries do not qualify it as a religion.
- L Ron Hubbard plagiarized Scientology?
- Tom Cruise's Scientology video -- and Gawker's legal battle to ...
- Scientology's faith healers descend on Haiti
- Scientology strikes back at "Anonymous" via YouTube
- tv Vlog: Xeni - Anonymous vs. Scientology
- Anonymous vs. Scientology protest in LA today
- Scientology TV show blames psychiatry for turning Osama bin Laden ...
- UK teen faces prosecution for sign calling Scientology a ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.