Bizarro fiction: stupid and intelligent at the same time

13 Responses to “Bizarro fiction: stupid and intelligent at the same time”

1. coaxial says:

Someone is going to have to explain this one to me. James T Kirk with a lightsaber? Those Who’d-win-in-a-fight:-the-USS-Enterprise-or-an-Imperial-Star-Destroyer? folks are probably shitting themselves right now. ;)

Welcome to fanfic-land (that Shatner crossover is fanfic). I’ve seen everything from Jesus’ Gurren Lagaan to “The Replacement Ranmas” where the cast of all other anime audition for roles in Ranma 1/2: http://shell.ihug.co.nz/~macspon/fanfic/index.html

There’s even a Battle Royale / Azumanga Daioh crossover: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1943589/1/Azumanga_Royale

The “stupid awesome” genre can only grow, and there’s an eager stable of authors waiting for their chance. :-D

3. Trotsky says:

How the FUCK am I not king of that genre?!

I love this stuff!

Now that I know this genre exists, I feel I must dominate it immediately….

I must inform everyone that I am the (as yet un-acknowledged) Master of the intelligent stupid shit. Some people may be better than me, but that doesn’t mean I’m not the penultimate example both before and after of a stupid intelligent person.
    I could explain but it wouldn’t make any sense. especially to me.
    “If you don’t believe me, just ask me and I’ll tell you”

not to miss the spanish bizarro filmmaker Pedro Temboury, with works as “Karate to Death in Torremolinos”- chosen as the worst spanish film ever): catholics surfer heroes kick karate zombies ass to save young virgins from an spider crab in Spain´s most depressing beach resort. Also check “Ellos robaron la picha de Hitler”/”They stole Hitler´s Cock”.

8. Darren Garrison says:

How about a book where the main character’s dad is a mountain and mom is a washing machine?…

9. jes5199 says:

Those titles pale in comparison to “Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere”

Oh ha! Cameron Pierce is the son of a friend of mine. Glad to see he’s getting some love. I’ve only read his book Shark Hunting in Paradise Garden and thought it was surprisingly good.

Shatnerquake is the only bizarro book that is comparable to fanfic, and I would disagree with even that. It is more like Being John Malkovich than anything else.

Don’t forget Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker. A bit more mainstream, but brilliantly stupid.

Ah, Police Squad, you were with us for all to short a time.

13. Ratdog says:

After Boing Boing mentioned Shatnerquake a while back, I picked up a copy. It was a weird one. And not very long either.

It was worth it to pick up a copy just to see the list of the other books by the company.