The cease-and-desist letter that Lucasfilm sent to the company that made a laser-pointer alleged to infringe the Lucas trademark on lightsabers sold recently on eBay for a whopping $3,850. The winning bidder has moderate eBay history (12 transactions), which suggests that this isn't (merely) a publicity stunt.
(Note: This story was submitted by a PR company apparently retained by the seller of this document)
- Ten best lightsaber mashups in all of Youtubedom
- Batman Lightsaber Shark
- "LIGHTSABER MADE IN TRUE STEAMPUNK STYLE"
- Barack Obama is a Ninja with a Lightsaber
- Chewbacca hands giant light saber to NASA, to carry into space ...
- Boogie Nights Star Wars light saber mashup
- Lightsaber video effects for Windows, too
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.