Former Boing Boing guestbloggers Bassam and Aman (who've been working on a documentary film in Pakistan) hit the road for Ramadan, on a new "30 Mosques in 30 Days" trip around the United States. First stop, the so-called "ground zero mosque" in New York City:
Dude, it's just a mosque.
Bassam and I walked into Park 51, the site of the so called "Ground Zero Mosque," expecting to feel transformed, knowing the fact that I was praying inside the place that's practically been mentioned in the news every 20 minutes.
But all it felt like - was praying inside a mosque.
- The Domestic Crusaders
- The Edhi Ambulance: first responders in Pakistan (photo essay ...
- For Your Friday - The Spoon Box by The Books
- Eid Mubarak!
- Welcome to the guestblog, Bassam Tariq and Aman Ali!
- It's Gadhafi Mania!
- 30 Mosques Gets 1-Up'd
- Pakistani Ghazals, Aik Alif
- Two Muslim guys photo-blog 30 NYC mosques in 30 days
- Aziz and her dignity (a guest-dispatch from Pakistan ...
- The Pakistan Blogistan
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.