Baker Lily Vanilli is selling these oozing, anatomically correct cake-hearts for Valentine's Day. They're a little larger than a cupcake, they ooze blackcurrant and cherry "blood," and "come in a cute perspex box tied with a pink or red ribbon and a note if you want to add one." They're £7 plus delivery, which includes a charitable donation:
I'm teaming up with Trekstock and donating 20% of the sale of every ʻbleeding heartʼ to the music and fashion charity that raises awareness and support for young people with cancer.For Sale: Valentine's Bleeding Hearts (via Neatorama)
- Valentine's Day... with ventricles Boing Boing
- Happy Valentine's Day in hysterically misused Chinese - Boing Boing
- Liz McGrath's Valentine's Day butcher knives - Boing Boing
- Scans of 1950s kids' Valentine's Day cards - Boing Boing
- India: political, religious hardliner groups protest Valentine's ...
- Mean Valentine's Day cards - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.