Bob Staake's Look! A Book! exclusive preview

9 Responses to “Bob Staake's Look! A Book! exclusive preview”

1. cstatman says:

Look arrived yesterday/ Saul LOVES it, absolutely wonderful. thanks for the point

2. hughelectronic says:

In addition to creating some of the best kids’ books, Bob is also an excellent Facebook poster. I know, I know — that’s like saying someone is a good food eater, or tooth brusher. No, but seriously — this guy has elevated the FB status update to a goddam art form. “Friend” him yourself and see!

3. RadioSilence says:

I’m very impressed. seems he’s upgraded to OSX, but is still running Photoshop 3.

@bobstaake
    “Let me clear up today’s rumor: I do NOT work in OS 7. I use OSX and run classic (9.0) in the background. Photoshop 3.0? Yes, STILL use that.”

4. ShawnBruce says:

His stuff just seems to get better and better. I love these spreads!

5. inkfumes says:

Thanks for posting this. I am going to show his video to my class which is currently learning Photoshop for the first time. I don’t think the kids understand me when I explain that back
    when I learned Photoshop there were no layers. They kind of go walleyed trying to comprehend.

6. cstatman says:

Mark, my 4 yr old son Saul has been enjoying Donut Chef and Red Lemon for the past 2.5 years. I will happily add this one to his library, thank you for the Staake pointer years ago

7. Jack says:

Using Photoshop CS5 (Crappy Shit x 5) and really miss 2.5.1 and 3.0.1. Those versions just worked.

Reminds me a lot of this artwork. http://www.jolicloud.com/jolibooks

9. kaiza says:

Looks great and reminds me of the Busytown books by Richard Scarry that I used to enjoy as a kid.