Assemblage steampunk raygun

13 Responses to “Assemblage steampunk raygun”

1. L_Mariachi says:

I like his clocks, but these are a little too much a well-crafted version of “I put a shitload of cogs and watches on my boot” steampunkery.  What’s that enormous flourish behind the grip for?  Where’s the trigger?

2. tylerkaraszewski says:

Presumably a steampunk raygun shoots rays of steam?

3. mrsoreto says:

As a watchmaker myself, I hate not functioning cogs and wheels. And on top of that he uses simple quartz movements, so they aren’t even mechanical timepieces… You are better of buying a nice French mantel clock,  which have beautifully crafted mechanical movements.

4. Mitchell Glaser says:

This reminds me of The Zen Gun, one of the most amazing and offbeat science fiction books ever written, in which pigs briefly take control of the universe among other treats. The titular gun is without doubt the most powerful hand weapon ever conceived, read the book and see if you don’t agree.

5. Andrew Singleton says:

Dislike the ‘stick cogs on it and call it steampunk’ look.

Seriously disappointed here.

Edit: Espeially since I’ve seen some damned fine steamed up stuff here. The Steampunk Cellphone that works off of punch cards? I want one of those.

6. Finnagain says:

You understand this is not a real, functional Ray Gun, right?

• Andrew Singleton says:

Naturally, but it doesn’t even look like it could be a gun except there’s a sortof kindof handle looking bob there. Looks almost like a wall sconce really.

7. Peter Chylewski says:

I don’t like guns, the pure thought of them makes me puke. And, btw, I’m an excellent shooter, but anybody can learn it. I say: Scrap all weapons, they’re good for nothin’ at all!

8. Ed Ligget. Tuba. says:

While the overall aesthetic is nice, I have to agree with many comments here that just slapping gears on something is a rather lazy way of making steampunk props.
    If you look at something like Dr. Grodborts, ( http://www.wetanz.com/rayguns/ ) they really look like they could be functional on some level.  This doesn’t.

9. jeligula says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I like my fanciful gun pieces to have triggers on them.

10. hungryjoe says:

This Roger Wood person makes some pretty great clocks.  Check his site if you don’t believe me.  If I had the money, I think I would probably buy one.  But this seems like a part of the design process, not a finished product.  Or else he’s just not really into ray guns.

11. GrueHunter says:

A coat rack, toiler toll holder and bed knob do not a raygun make.  Not even close.