Star Wars pancake molds

10 Responses to “Star Wars pancake molds”

1. SP123 says:

I have these (actually received them as gifts twice) and they sort of suck.  They’re teflon but the pancakes stick to them and tear apart, even if you grease them up.  Nothing like telling your Star Wars obsessed kids you’re going to make them X-Wing pancakes only to hand them a plate of something that looks like Porkins took it through a trench run.

• Donald Petersen says:

I’ve got ‘em, plus the Yoda, Darth Vader, and stormtrooper head ones.  You just have to be liberal with the Pam spray, and use a corner of a spatula to gently poke out the fiddly bits to avoid tearing.  A tad labor-intensive, but my kids dig ‘em.

2. mwm8180 says:

there Millennium Falcon is upside down…

3. I got the Vader and Yoda ones as a gift as well. SP123 is right, the pancakes do tend to stick, as you can see here:

You have to be sure to cook them for longer on one side, of course…

4. BarBarSeven says:

I’m happy George Lucas has finally found a way to fund his newfound love of indie film!

5. nickelrocket says:

My wife has all of these.  yes they are labor-intensive but what really helps is getting the Pancake Pen for easy batter placement.  By the time you have filled them all it’s time to go back and flip them all.

6. pjcamp says:

Why do these all look like smushed spiders? Are you sure they aren’t Halloween molds?

7. Bucket says:

I too have these, and they do indeed require a ton of extra work, and still don’t work that great.

Though I did find that heating them up in the oven before putting them on the griddle worked a bit better. Though not enough that I’d ever bother with them again. They do look nice hanging on the kitchen wall with a bunch of other, more traditional cookie cutters though.

Blueberry pancakes are right out, though.

8. twency says:

Merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made.

9. Mace Ojala says:

Very nerdy and mmmm so sweet :) Last xmas i made some gingerbread trilobytes, inspired by a natural history documentary on the telly. No mold though, i simply handcrafted them http://www.flickr.com/photos/xmacex/sets/72157628562314091/with/6569509307/