7 Responses to “Stross and Doctorow on the road: the Rapture of the Nerds tour in Lexington, Brooklyn, Brookline, Rochester”

1. Ari B. says:

In my home town, at my favorite bookstore, after sundown on a Friday. I guess two out of three ain’t bad. :-) I’ll have to stop by on Sunday and hope there’s still some signed stock left for sale.

(Incidentally, if you and/or Charles feel like an old-fashioned Shabbat dinner, let me know. We do a  good brisket…)

2. wysinwyg says:

Brookline is only its own town through some bizarre historical quirk.  It is closer to downtown Boston than many parts of Boston are.  For example, I leave Boston and travel through Brookline on the T every day to get to work — in Boston.

Anyway, thanks for coming to Brookline.  I can’t believe I get to see Doctorow and Stross without making the slightest change to my daily routine.

3. Alex Brooks says:

Lexington is a really great town. Unfortunately I moved to the UK, and won’t be back in Kentucky until september 15. What a bummer I will miss you, have always wanted to say hi in person

4. Hans Sagaye says:

Sounds good. But why am I wondering which one of you is going to be the “Dean Moriarty” of this adventure? ^__^

5. penguinchris says:

Naturally this will be only a couple of weeks after I leave Western New York again. Be sure to tune in to 89.7 FM (RIT’s radio station) – on Saturdays some dude does a reggae show all day.

6. Nicky G says:

Radical, Makerbot is a few blocks from my BK apartment! :)

7. PolishQ says:

Confused; is a $500 registration fee required to attend the Rochester appearance? Or can one simply attend your talk for free without registering for the rest of the weekend?