19 Responses to “Highlights of the Felix Baumgartner Red Bull Stratos "free-fall from space"”

1. welcomeabored says:

We were watching it yesterday, outdoors at a flea market.  Not as exciting as watching Neil Armstrong’s first walk on the moon, but pretty fucking amazing.  Talk about a ‘high’.

2. jkg says:

just sayin’…

3. Boundegar says:

I wanna go!

4. There must be some kind of internet principle to describe or otherwise quantify some of the awful musical choices made by YouTube video creators.

5. Brainspore says:

I kind of wish they just made a prank video where he steps outside the capsule and then just kind of floats off into space instead of falling down.

6. MollyMaguire says:

Dude! I wasn’t sure if this was a bitchin achievement until I heard the kickin tunes and saw the Red Bull sponsorship. Thanks brah!

The thing is, James Cameron should have been the one jumping so that he could claim the greatest elevation relief of any human being.

7. Zack Garner says:

wish the dude had hung in there another 20 seconds and set record for longest ever free fall. come. on.

• Nicky G says:

That would have likely led to a very different outcome for Felix. I think the fact that he surpassed Mach by a decent margin made it essentially impossible for him to simultaneously get the longest freefall record from the height at which he jumped. Three out of four is better than SPLAT.

8. tsol says:

Damn those evil corporations!

9. hinten says:

I have never seen a more commercialized, made for TV, commercially sponsored little event.
    The next moon landing will happen under Golden Arches.

10. ocker3 says:

They really didn’t do a good job of showcasing when he broke the sound barrier, I mean surely they had some kind of device monitoring it in real time, or at least a mockup with an approximation? You’d think Red Bull would have some better editors on staff!