Kids' librarian literary sleeve tattoo

13 Responses to “Kids' librarian literary sleeve tattoo”

1. digi_owl says:

The world needs more people like her.

2. My husband, a librarian in a small school library outside of Gothenburg has a tattoo of the bumblebee from the Swedish kids story Dunderklumpen… perhaps librarians do this allot when they get tattooed?

3. Stephanie B says:

Tattooed librarians unite!

I’m betting most tattooed librarian have some sort of literary reference (I know mine does)

4. Graciously allowed – I like that. It probably took all her willpower not to jump up and down, flap her hands, and squeal. :)

5. Boundegar says:

I want to squeeze her and take her home and keep her.

6. Thanks again for visiting today, Cory, and for your interest in my tattoo!  For the record, I *did* jump up and down and make squee-type noises at several points in the day — spot-on observation from a previous commenter.  :)

For the admirers, the work isn’t totally done.  It was Bird’s idea for the illustrations to appear torn out of the books, and each segment needs to be completed before it can all be tied together.

Ladyfingers- Thanks for the food for thought, but I’m pretty sure my tattoo doesn’t involve infantilism on my behalf.  These aren’t cartoon characters or rainbows or fairies or anything (though I personally try very hard not to judge *anyone’s* body art) – they are iconic children’s book illustrations and, as long as I am lucky, my profession is as a children’s librarian.  These illustrations and the stories that go along with them are not cutesy… they are all quite deep and have been chosen for many personal reasons, none of which involve weakening myself in the eyes of men.  I also know many men who have tattoos featuring illustrations from some of the same books.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Heather Warren
    Children’s Librarian
    Philadelphia, PA

7. phuzz says:

I met a bloke recently who had ‘Where the wild things are’ tattooed across the small of his back (ie, a picture of the characters, not the words).
    It was really nice work, although he’d got the artist to miss out one of the monsters because it had scared him as a kid :)

8. Full measure dedication. Nice.

9. Stolid says:

This librarian is super awesome.  Instant CRUSH.

10. tat2x says:

Nice work, let’s hear it for librarians!

11. Nicole says:

A lot of my classmates in library school had tattoos, although most of them didn’t have any literary significance. They were cool all the same. Tattoos aren’t for me, but I am always happy to see tattooed librarians; the sight alone makes people rethink their outdated ideas about librarians.