19 Responses to “J Rabbit, "Happy Things" (music video)”

1. John Leigh says:

“Reddit, where there is a gross and racist comment thread so just ignore that please” should be Reddit’s motto.

2. millie fink says:

Now that’s some Grade A charm! Talent too. Hope they go far!

I just watched some of their other ones too. They work so well together, and she really has a great voice.

3. Jeremy Fishman says:

Even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5HlB_x_OWM

4. Imogen Dall says:

How cute! They’re like little Disney princesses!

5. Steve Taylor says:

There’s no great musical resemblance, but it makes me think of the theme song from Totoro. And that’s not a bad thing.

> “Reddit, where there is a gross and racist comment thread so just ignore that please”

I don’t get Reddit. I’m not a regular reader, but whenever someone points me to something on Reddit it’s excellent and whenever I go randomly looking over there it’s a swamp.

6. RElgin says:

Funny, I had checked them out a few months back as part of an indie music hunt in South Korea.  I’m glad to hear they are gaining fans.

7. KWillets says:

Every band in Korea seems to have a happy song — Ja U Rim’s Hahaha song is the first one I thought of:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVyh3_bTFRs .

8. TheMudshark says:

So that´s what it feels like when your heart is melting like frost in the first mellow breeze of spring.

9. Heevee Lister says:

The Korean starmaker machinery (apologies to Joni Mitchell) is a vorpal monster that usually gloms onto the latest barely-legal sensation, drains her blood for obscene profit, then chews her up and spits her out.  I can’t figure out whether these kids (probably more than that, but most Korean women in their 20s look like teenagers to me) are actually bypassing that racket, doing this in what looks to be a pretty nice home studio (but what do I know), or whether this is some really well crafted PR shtick by their manager and a big commercial studio.

Either way, their attitude is seriously infectious.  Wow.

10. DrunkenOrangetree says:

This is just a sweet and cute little performance. The singer is adorable, and the piano player has amazing musicianship chops.

11. euansmith says:

When does the musical hit Broadway?

12. TheMudshark says:

She probably even feels better about herself after that very minor surgery. Damn indeed! How dare she!
    Seeing that your last six posts on various sites are trolls about Korean plastic surgery I strongly suggest you look for a less pathetic hobby.