Kmart wants you to ship your pants

15 Responses to “Kmart wants you to ship your pants”

1. Rider says:

They need to do something because all the k-marts here are frightening depressing ghost stores.   No one wants to shop in them.

• even the one they used in the ad has that weird “film of dust on the cracking laminate floor; from somewhere, a strange buzzing” look.

• RedShirt77 says:

They are like Walmarts without the…   I can’t think of anything that wouldn’t sound classist so make up your own joke.  But yes, they are sad places because poor people are getting poorer and people  with money don’t go to stores.   They are doomed because pants are the last things people want to shit in, I mean ship.

• barbara says:

That said, it’s still a pretty funny video.

• SedanChair says:

Trust me, when they were bustling with activity in 1985 no one wanted to shop in them either.

2. fnc says:

They’re shipping a lot of crap.

3. knoxblox says:

When I saw it played on The Today Show (the television does not fall under my jurisdiction in the morning), I couldn’t help but giggle, and almost shipped my pants myself.

Mom, however, left the room without a word.

4. AwesomeRobot says:

Beautifully done. Can’t believe the concept made it through the process without being killed. It’ll take a lot more than this to save the brand though.

5. ChickieD says:

There’s an old joke about Kmart. The upscale area of Birmingham is Mountain Brook and there are a whole school of jokes about Mountain Brook Housewives. Such as:

What a three words a Mountain Brook Housewife never hears?

Attention K-mart Shoppers

Ba doom boom! I’m here every Friday!

• Bradley Robinson says:

<3 Bham.  In the process of applying for jobs in hopes of relocating there sometime before summer's end.

6. redesigned says:

they do have lots of shippy products.

7. daneyul says:

Yep, funny commercial–makes me want to go there to reward them, but the average store is such a shiphole.  Anyone know if you can order online and have it shit?

8. Stephan says:

You may complain about K-Mart but in the UK we have Argos …

9. Diogenes says:

I’d actually like shopping at KMart because I can find the utilitarian stuff I want, cheap.  What keeps me from returning often is the fact that they have 20 checkout lanes, but usually only 1 or 2 are open.  At times I’ve been so frustrated, that I’ve left my full cart next to the line, and walked out.  If there’s some poor s.o.b. at the misnamed Courtesy Desk, I try to let them know why I’m leaving, but they’re often 1 of the 2 open lanes, so they’re too busy for me to bother them.

I can’t be the only person who gives up.  Why would you bother to run a store, but under-staff the very department that collects your money for you?  It seems like corporate insanity.