Bookcase/staircase/slide!

13 Responses to “Bookcase/staircase/slide!”

1. rocketpj says:

The slide is a nice touch.  It could be a trick of perspective, but I think my 6’3″ head would make frequent contact with that very attractive beam.

• kartwaffles says:

Relativism warning: this is in Korea where architecture is often Hobbit-sized. But ergonomics aside, it looks pretty awesome.

• rocketpj says:

Relativism or not, I would see it as a major disincentive to live there.  I once rented an apt. in Holland that had beams along the ceilings – every 2 feet – that were below my height.  First thing every morning I would stand up and bash my head.  Then on through the day.

2. bolamig says:

The pictures clearly illustrate that the house was designed for kids (of all ages) to have the run of the house rather than being confined to a dedicated “nursery room” like in the dark ages.  Awesome.  But it looks like it would be overwhelming for the parents with not even much furniture to absorb the sounds.

3. swild says:

Shoot, took me a few minutes to figure out if the kids were standing on the ceiling. Relativism and all.

• wufilesolen says:

my neighbor’s step-aunt makes $85/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her payment was $18560 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on  Jive8.c­om

4. Jeffrey Baker says:

The half-height stairs are a nice touch.

• bcsizemo says:

I’m not really sure they aren’t some what necessary.  If those are fairly normal height books, like hardcover not paperback, I’d think those the riser is near 12″ or more.  The tread looks close to twice that so maybe 24″.  The stairs in my house have a longer tread with a shorter rise (than modern US stairs) and it’s not bad, but you can fairly easily go up two at a time.  Here with that rise I’d think older people would have a hard time of it, not to mention if you were disoriented in anyway.

5. soylent_plaid says:

As someone who lives in a home with a hardwood floor that’s got a chipped floorboard, I cringe at the thought of a hardwood slide (the splinters…)

On the other hand, my fist reflexively pumps at the thought of a home staircase slide.

6. beepbeep says:

Surprised no one commented on “,,the shape of the site promted a long and tin house…” Long? Ok, but tin? Is that relevant :)

7. Vinnie Tesla says:

Okay, I’ll say it: Architects Moon Hoon may be good designers, but boy do they suck at Photoshop.

8. austinhamman says:

slides made of wood, have to maintain it well or you get splinters in your bum

9. I think they could use a proof reader too!