Library Lounge: decorating with books

14 Responses to “Library Lounge: decorating with books”

1. Tom Jeffery says:

I bet you’d like the food court at the Suntec convention center in Singapore:

The books are just wallpaper, but the food is the usual awesome Singapore fare, including Kopi, toast and coconut jam, fresh fruit smoothies, noodles, and so on.

2. kungfupolice says:

…But are these books just decoration like wallpaper?   Books want to be read!  Those books are stacked so high no-one will even see what the ones on the higher shelves are. :

• bzishi says:

Bravo! My first thought as well. If you don’t have ladders to reach the books on the upper shelves, then what is the point of putting them there?

3. tacochuck says:

It is a working library, you can check the books out while you are there is my understanding. They acquired the collection of new and used bookseller that closed.

4. Tales From the Abuse of In-Browser Image Resizing:

That little image of chairs (with the offending wallpaper in the background)? The one that displays as just 234 × 157?

It’s actually 2480 × 1662 and is ~800KB. For a 234 × 157 thumbnail.

5. sam1148 says:

I want the chairs.

6. noah django says:

I find those chandeliers made from bottle washing racks to be the most interesting things depicted.

7. The University of Illinois has a mansion that was given to them decades ago that they use as a conference center. It’s clearly modelled after British manor houses and the main lecture hall is the library, still stocked with tall bookcases like this.

8. I wonder how you get to those top shelves.  :-(