A woman from Washington State who was participating in a salmon fishing derby spotted a small octopus and decided to stick it on her face and have her photo taken. Unfortunately, the octopus wouldn't let go and it gave her a venomous bite on the chin, too, which resulted in a nasty infection. She had to go to the hospital for treatment.
"[My friends] noticed my face had changed," she said. "We couldn't get the beak to dislodge ― it was like a prong."
Although Bisceglia eventually freed herself from the octopus, she bled profusely for 30 minutes afterwards.
"There's still a pus pocket and there's a spot under my chin," she said.
Image: Kiro 7