One hundred U.S. soldiers have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries following the Iran missile strike on an American military base in Iraq about which Donald Trump lied, 'no injuries.'
That's an increase of at least 36 cases from the end of January when the Pentagon said 64 service members had been diagnosed with injuries.
The Pentagon and President Donald Trump had initially said no service members were injured or killed in the Iranian missile attack, which was retaliation for the January 2 US drone strike that killed a top Iranian general.
Several Pentagon officials told CNN last month that the number of diagnosed cases is likely to continue to change. Approximately 200 people who were in the blast zone at the time of the attack have been screened for symptoms.
At Davos last month, Trump said brain injuries aren't as serious as physical combat wounds, demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of the injuries our troops suffered in Iraq as a result of the Iranian missile attack.
"No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious," Trump replied to a reporter during a press conference.
[PHOTO: US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. A picture of the destruction left at Al Asad base in Iraq after it was struck by Iranian missiles.]