20 Responses to “BB Video: Soviet Unterzoegersdorf, pt. 4 of 6 / Cheetos Boredom Busters. (This is an ad)”

1. Takuan says:

if Cheetos brand really wants to sell to the net audience, what have they done about preventing “Yellowkeyboard” Is there any research underway to produce coated cheesy snacks that don’t leave film over everything? Or how about mouse condoms?

2. HEALTHNUT says:

mmmm… cheetos

3. David Pescovitz says:

I’m perfectly comfortable with you not agreeing with where we transparently place sponsorships on the site, but please don’t be rude or insulting.

4. J France says:

I dunno, i reckon this segment redeemed the lot of them. I had a chuckle. At an ad.

I can see why everyone is so conflicted about it all.

5. ZoopyFunk says:

I have loved everything I have seen from the ‘chrom; this however, is just not effective. Even less so than previous parts 1-3. Its not the ad that is the problem, just my expectations of monochrom.

6. sej says:

a) pretty lame video
    b) cheetos = gross

7. mr_josh says:

Advertising Cheetos to a bunch of nerds is like advertising sun to Arizonans. Already have full market penetration, dudes.

8. grenz says:

@zoopyfunk: hey, i don’t know what effective means in this context… but i always wanted to grunt “frickin obamer” in a spot promoting bloated cheese. a dream come true.

9. jburris says:

sllts.
    kp yr bng bng “vd” vr t bng bng tv s cn kp n gnrng t.

10. tartar says:

“At least it’s not vegan”… hahaha!

11. Elvis Pelt says:

If I can survive the festivities of March 6th, I’m going to show up at Chez Poulet with a full load of Cheetos in my underpants. Take that, haters.

12. Xeni Jardin says:

You guys might be in a better mood if you ate some delicious Cheetos.

13. Sam Rothenberg says:

If only a disclaimer made it right to put ads in the same place as content.

14. aelfscine says:

#4: What is this… cheetos? I’ve never heard of them until this very day.

Yes, it is I! The one human being in America that’s somehow spent 29 years here and never encountered a Cheeto! Every time I’d go down the chip aisle and almost see them, the store would catch on fire and we’d have to evacuate. I’d go inside gas stations and see a rack of snacks that had a conspicuous empty shelf, and when I asked about it the owner would mumble something under his breath and I’d be escorted out by guards. My whole life has been arranged by some dark conspiracy group so that I’d never hear the world ‘Cheeto,’ and now that the secret is out, I’m not sure what will happ- OH GOD THEY’RE HERE

15. aelfscine says:

#8: It’s kind of the same principle behind the EULAs that BoingBoing hates some much…

16. grenz says:

@aelfscine: is cheeto really the singlar form of cheetos?

17. wolfiesma says:

Cheetos would put me in a better mood, I think, washed down with a ice cold energy drink. Yes, *much* better mood. I think, in fact, we may have hit upon the magical alchemical recipe to make me rise from my seat to the 7-11. Rise! Rise!! Wolfiesma, she is risen!!!

18. DeeAnAy says:

Probably should have been posted on the side with the other ads. I’d still watch.

19. mcgringostarr says:

just get the Uke Girls to sing about cheetos, and I’ll go look for celeb nip slips until you’re done.