Total Recall: The Musical

18 Responses to “Total Recall: The Musical”

1. Felton says:

How much would Rekall charge to replace the memory of this video with one exactly the same, except with Arnold’s real voice?

I have a suggestion for youtube, that will be ignored, but somehow I think the internet cares- like every other comment-leaver…

Could they code in a STOP button?? It would be great if you could stop the download once you’ve realised the video isn’t what u wanted to watch, rather than the buffer being filled with data I’ve paid to receive…

3. poolaka says:

wow. I’m not sure if this made me happy, or sad.

I think I would have appreciated it more if “Arnold” didn’t sound so much like Elmer Fudd.

• scifijazznik says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I kept expecting him to bust into “Kill the wabbit!” Alas, it probably would have been better if he had…

• poolaka says:

Personally, I’d rather have the Barber of Seville in the background. But hey, you say potato and I say coconut custard pie with whipped cream.

• kmoser says:

The accent started out Austrian but slowly devolved into Yiddish.

• Anonymous says:

i concur. austrian to yiddish is unconvincing. bet Arnie himself would do a redub if it was an election year. And i’ll admit to never seeing this flick. it’s a good thing

Dear Jesus, WHY?!?! Yes, I understand it’s a joke, but WHY?!?!?

5. Movie Michael says:

Arnold sounds a little like how I imagine the translated words of Sigur Ros’s fake language would sound. Reminds me how great some of the special effects in Total Recall were.

We recently made a little musical ourselves about a Teddy-Ruxpin-like bear who goes crazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBRyQ76rTzU&fmt=22 It’s kinda like a New Zealand version of Avenue Q

6. dragonfrog says:

Oh man, I so wish this were real – I’d loooove to see a Total Recall musical starring Elmer Fudd (and, presumably, Bugs Bunny)

7. Doug Nelson says:

Imitation skills aside, good song!

8. MooseDesign says:

I think he sounded a bit like Kermit the Frog… that said, there were some great little details in there that were spot on, such as his curious pronunciation of “vacation” which is straight from the movie. And weaving the flute sounds from the theme in was a nice touch too. Dig it.

9. Herbie says:

Great concept.

Execution lacking. Too long, terrible imitation. I hope they learn and try again!

I am disappointed in my fellow commenters. This video is delightful and I must have it.

11. toast says:

Heh, there’s an entire band that’s centered around Arnie/line from Arnie movies, Austrian Death Machine….one of my favs, Get to the Choppa:

RE: #11 Anon,

right click the video and there’s a stop download option.