This is an all-gaming episode of Gweek!
Rob, Joel (of Kotaku), and I chatted with Mike Rose, who is a freelance games journalist, an editor at Indie Games, and the author of 250 Indie Games You Must Play.
Here's what we talked about:
• A retro platformer called, VVVVVV (pronounced "vee").
• The soundtrack to VVVVVV, called PPPPPP.
• Terraria Online, a 2D multiplayer Minecraft.
• Project Zomboid, a zombie survival RPG.
• Nintendo's head-scratching Wii U.
• Sony's new portable game player, the PS Vita
• Mobile Minecraft on Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play
• A trippy game for Xbox and Playstation that Joel declares to be "very Boing Boing," Child of Eden
• Rob's new exclusive flash game for Boing Boing: 9x9RPG
• Another game from Boing Boing Gadgets, Low-Altitude Attack Zeppelin
• The NBC TV series, Community
Download Gweek 008 as an MP3 | Subscribe to Gweek via iTunes | Subscribe via RSS | Download single episodes of Gweek as MP3s
We Gotta Get Out of This Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War is a new book by veteran Doug Bradley and Craig Werner, professor of Afro-American studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, about soldiers’ musical memories and the impact of James Brown, Eric Burdon, Country Joe McDonald, and other popular artists on the Vietnam […]
Pop Chart Lab was founded in 2010 by a book editor and a designer, with the modest goal of rendering all of human experience in chart form. Since then they’ve charted a wide array of cultural touchstones. A Visual Guide to Drink is Pop Chart Lab’s comprehensive volume of its most important topics in graphical […]
Hilarious and silly, A Book of Surrealist Games is a fantastic introduction to the surrealist mind-set. In addition to just being fun to peruse, this collection of written, visual and verbal games is great for exercising your mind, and staying creative. In addition to the games, this oddly organized book is packed with poems, illustrations […]
These knitted gloves are here to save the day (and your hands) with an ultra-comfy, double-layer that will allow you to stay warm and use your phone. Now you can take photos on the fly, text, Tinder, and more without letting freezing temperatures get in your way. Plus they work with all touchscreens, so no […]
Store more on your Mac with this microSD memory card adapter.
Carrying this EDC card is like slinging around a handheld toolbox wherever you go. Its minimal design is small enough to fit in your wallet’s billfold, and it’s TSA-compliant so you’ll never leave it behind. It’s got hex wrenches, metric and imperial rulers, flathead and Phillip’s screwdrivers, and a bottle opener so that you’re ready […]