Remembering Adam Yauch: Polly Wog Stew

16 Responses to “Remembering Adam Yauch: Polly Wog Stew”

1. KC says:

I can’t stop watching this video. There are so many moments of MCA’s brilliant energy captured within. Sigh. Fuck cancer.

2. vonbobo says:

Thank you MCA.

And Cancer, you can go fuck yourself.

3. Ben Ehlers says:

Right now, I’m listening to their least-celebrated album “In Sound From Way Out”. It lacks almost all of the typical bombast associated with their mainstream stuff, but has still earned a place in my heart.

It’s also the unofficial soundtrack to PRI and NPR. Pour one out every time you hear Groove Holmes as background music…

4. Bethany says:

Xeni  – my sentiments entirely. I grew up with this band.
    My thoughts go out with you, too. My daughter has the same condition – and I still can’t bring myself to say the word.

5. had/have cancer (still don’t have the right words for it) and in tears now thinking about how much it f*n sucks for everyone involved.
    thank you Adam for everything you created and inspired!
    Xeni – my thoughts are with you as you battle now!

6. EdA says:

Two words: “Cookie Puss”

7. Cowicide says:

Thank you for posting this, Xeni.  Adam was a great talent.

8. Thanks, Xeni. Keep fighting.

9. boingboingdave says:

can really hear the Darby Crash/Germs influence on whichever one of them is doing the singing

10. Rickenbacker4001 says:

I loved their Minor Threat covers. Heck I love all their stuff. One of my inspirations for sure. Throwing Paul’s Boutique on the turntable now…..

11. noah django says:

y’all ever notice that the “egg raid on Mojo” lyrics were reprised on Paul’s Boutique’s “Egg Man,” except they say Haze instead of Mojo.

Cooky Puss just came on my itunes lol

12. Itsumishi says:

I love that Mike D says if the Beastie Boys had finished after Polly Wog Stew they would have felt the project was complete, and that everything afterwards was ‘gravy’. What a lot of delicious, delicious gravy!

13. darlingniki says:

Fuck Cancer.

You got this, Xeni.

14. fidelfunk says:

;-) Cooky Puss
    What a sad thing though, MCA ROCKED…
    Anybody elso ever tried calling the phone number from Pauls Boutique?
    I never got thru…