Zelda the kitten plays with the iPad

15 Responses to “Zelda the kitten plays with the iPad”

1. DeepNorth says:

The most exciting cat mobile trend is full Qwerty keyboards. I’m sorry, it really is. I’m not making this up.

2. RandyRandy says:

My cat loves to chase glowing lights (and an amatuer UFOlogist) and would probably freak out over this game.  However, she is also a highly skilled yard assassin and a stone cold killer of all things cute and defenseless.  I’m a little uneasy at the prospect of her shredding the living crap out of my screen. There is a disclaimer on the “Games for Cats” website, so it makes me think it’s probably a bad idea to turn my expensive glow toy over to her to mangle. Please talk me out of doing this…must. resist. urge. to. see. cat. being. cute. Help!

• penguinchris says:

It’s actually impossible for a cat to “shred” or even just scratch a glass screen because glass – even besides the extra-special glass used in device screens – is harder than most common things (even many rocks). Check out the Mohs scale of mineral hardness.

From what I can determine from a quick search, nothing fingernail or claw-like can exceed approximately a 3 on that scale. The standard hardness for glass is considered 5.5, and “Gorilla glass” and other high-tech glasses used in iPads and the like are about a 7, if not harder. Not impossible to scratch – quartz sand grains (also about a 7) may be able to – but very difficult. From what I can tell it sounds like the glass in the iPad screen should even be able to stand a cat jumping from height right onto it.

3. Jeff says:

OK, I’m gonna get an iPad now. And a cat.

4. semiotix says:

KID: Do you think that they actually have cats play this, or… usually not?
    MOM: Yeah, it’s for cats.
    KID: Do you think it actually is, or it’s just a joke?
    DAD: No, it really is for cats.
    KID: Wow.

I feel like I could teach a whole scriptwriting class around this beautifully naturalistic dialogue. Of course, they actually are speaking extemporaneously, which is cheating.

5. SedanChair says:

You sound like Rick Steves

6. Chuk says:

My daughter was playing this game with our cat and the cat played along. Then a couple of days later, the cat turned on the Playstation 3…if I get a credit card bill for her WoW account she’s in trouble.

7. chaopoiesis says:

B. F. Skinner is smiling in Heaven.

8. WE USARE says:

The child in this video is quite well spoken, and holds a healthy suspicion of consumer products. Good job, parents.

9. Chris S says:

…and the video is cut off as Zelda gains access to the rest of the system.

Even kittehs want root.

10. famousringo says:

This game is also pretty fun for six month old humans.

11. zombiebob says:

A friend is staying with me with her dog. I now realize even more why cats are so much more awesome than dogs, and this vid has further clinched it.