17 Responses to “Wham's "Last Christmas" remixed, with erotic butter art dancing (messed-up holiday music video)”

1. millie fink says:

Hmmm. Grad student art project? (The original video, I mean.)

And the word erotic may need q marks. Watching this just gives me a sad.

2. Bookburn says:

What the fuck?  I’m going back to reading NPR in the mornings.

3. http://www.melatisuryodarmo.com/html/w-p/02a2.html

EXERGIE
    - butter dance

Performance

2000

Wearing a tight black dress and red shoes, Suryodarmo walks into the space, and steps on the pieces of butter. She starts dancing. Melati Suryodarmo is flailing, crashing heavily downwards, and continuously being on the verge of standing, slipping and falling on the butter- greasy dance floor.

Duration of the performance : 20 minutes
    Music: Daeng Basri Sila and Khaeruddin, Drums of Makassar/ Kendang Makassar
    Material : 20 blocks of butter

4. Jeff Scherr says:

I didn’t enjoy this until she starts falling… which segs beautifully to the super slo-mo Wham Christmas dinner.  Bravo to the VJ!

5. Navin_Johnson says:

Wow, Saint Nick on a stick.  Thanks for this.

Have to say, even thought it’s art, I felt bad about her repeated falls…ouch.

6. A Viescas says:

I think it’s an improvement on the song.

7. GertaLives says:

This is why I stopped wearing heels when I dance on butter.

8. It’s definitely butter, lard wouldn’t be sexy at all.

9. Rich Keller says:

As a Wisconsiner, I am curious as to the qualities of this butter. Is it like the salted sweet cream butter I get from Weyauwega or is it more like the sticky European style or even like pre-clarified ghee?

I need to know.

10. Duncan Toms says:

Removed: harassing bullying or threatening. That would be Wham! then

11. Sparrow says:

WTF?

“This video has been removed as a violation of You Tube’s policy prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten.”

Unless you are made of butter, how could this be harassing or threatening?

12. steve849 says:

No video.

13. Dylan Mitchell-Funk says:

I’ve appealed the removal notice on the grounds that the original video has lived on YouTube since 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnPNr9yquuc and some other remix has been around since April http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9pW6PwEayQ

For the time being, I’ve whacked it onto Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/55574013
    Merry Censorshipmas!

14. Charles McLaughlin says:

Dylan, Love your work!  That was awesome.

15. heavystarch says:

Oh gawd forbid anyone harass, bully or threaten someone/thing on the internet).  JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST.

• C W says:

There’s a somewhat blurry line where I think that internet collective stalking/bullying should be preventable or otherwise addressed, but mashing up an art performance ~based around some amount of humiliation~ is not a part of this.