Today's post brought some early copies of the UK edition of Homeland, the sequel to my novel Little Brother. Officially, Homeland isn't out in the UK until the 20th of September, but attendees at this weekend's Nine Worlds Geekfest in London will be able to score their own copies. I'm doing a ton of programme items there (including a launch party on Saturday at 1PM!), and if you catch me before or after one, I'll even sign it!
* The Future, Sat, 10AM, Somerset Room, with Charles Stross, Helen Keen and Lilian Edwards
* Launch Party for Cory Doctorow's 'Homeland', with Titan Books, Sat, 13h, Bar
* Debate: is our Future Utopian or Dystopian? SF Authors Decide, Sat, 1345h, George I, with Charles Stross, Tom Hunter, Jaine Fenn and Tricia Sullivan
* Cyberpunk: The Dystopian Prism/Prison, Sat, 17h, Marlborough Room, with Charles Stross, Kieron Gillen, Jan Wagner, Helen Keen, Rafal Praszczalek, Antoni Strzalkowski and Dr. Demis Hassabis
* Teenage Kicks: Writing for Young Adult Audiences, Sat, 2030h, George I, with Amanda Rutter, Liz de Jager, Tom Pollock and Catherine Banner
Nine Worlds Convention, 9–11 August 2013, London, United Kingdom
You might could also try Gangstagrass.
The Snowbot — a $14,000 Beampro telepresence robot that Edward Snowden pilots from Moscow — is becoming a fixture at conferences, meetings, and in the halls of power in the USA, where Snowden is a frequent invited guest.
By Happy Toast, from the B3ta Brexit Challenge.
Taking pictures can be challenging. There are a million factors that can influence each shot you take – and unless you’re a trained photographer, you often just focus, click…and cross your fingers.Of course, you can take some of the ambiguity out of your picture-taking with this Hollywood Art Institute Photography Course & Certification package, now […]
Experienced shutterbugs with DSLR cameras have boatloads of lens options for capturing the moment. Unfortunately, smartphone photographers often get stuck with their one crummy lens, which means limited zoom and focus for their final image.Step up your smartphone’s photographic power with the Acesori 5-Piece Smartphone Camera Lens Kit, now just $9.99 in the Boing Boing Store.Magnetic rings easily […]
Some truths are universal. For one, your phone will always run out of power when you most need it. For another, the charging cords that come packaged with your Apple device will fray, split, and rip faster than Usain Bolt in a game of tag.Instead, pick up a charging cord that anyone would have a tough […]