Today's post brought some early copies of the UK edition of Homeland, the sequel to my novel Little Brother. Officially, Homeland isn't out in the UK until the 20th of September, but attendees at this weekend's Nine Worlds Geekfest in London will be able to score their own copies. I'm doing a ton of programme items there (including a launch party on Saturday at 1PM!), and if you catch me before or after one, I'll even sign it!
* The Future, Sat, 10AM, Somerset Room, with Charles Stross, Helen Keen and Lilian Edwards
* Launch Party for Cory Doctorow's 'Homeland', with Titan Books, Sat, 13h, Bar
* Debate: is our Future Utopian or Dystopian? SF Authors Decide, Sat, 1345h, George I, with Charles Stross, Tom Hunter, Jaine Fenn and Tricia Sullivan
* Cyberpunk: The Dystopian Prism/Prison, Sat, 17h, Marlborough Room, with Charles Stross, Kieron Gillen, Jan Wagner, Helen Keen, Rafal Praszczalek, Antoni Strzalkowski and Dr. Demis Hassabis
* Teenage Kicks: Writing for Young Adult Audiences, Sat, 2030h, George I, with Amanda Rutter, Liz de Jager, Tom Pollock and Catherine Banner
Nine Worlds Convention, 9–11 August 2013, London, United Kingdom
Berlin’s Raubdruckerin (“Pirate Printer”) roam the world’s great cities — places like Paris, Amsterdam and Lisbon — and apply ink-rollers directly to the prettiest manhole and utility covers they can find, then print tees, hoodies, posters and bags to sell with them.
Telecomunicaciones Indígenas Comunitarias A.C. — a nonprofit telcoms company operated by and for indigenous groups in Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Puebla, and Veracruz — has received a license to operate cellular services in at least 356 municipalities. It’s the first time the Mexican telcoms regulator has given a operations license to an indigenous social group.
5 Worlds is a young SFF project that’s been a hard secret to keep these past years! It’s a five book series, 250 pages each, full color. It has five worlds and there are five of us working together on it. The story involves an impossible quest to light these ancient beacons left behind by […]
It’s one thing to enjoy dinner at home and a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon with your best friend, Netflix, but it’s another thing entirely to make that meal from scratch and get that wine delivered right to your doorstep.But what if we told you there’s a way to make this possible? To keep your social life, […]
Having to pack and drag your stuff through security can put quite the damper on your vacation plans. Thankfully, we’ve got your back with one way to make traveling more painless: the Jumper Overnighter Travel Bag.This compact bag is so lightweight that you can effortlessly carry it, and fit it into any overhead compartment. But just […]
Learning is a 24/7/365 proposition, and it never ends. And if you’re truly serious about leveling up your skill sets and career prospects, get a subscription to Stone River Academy’s massive course collection. This offer normally is worth over $1,400, but is now available for just $89 in the Boing Boing Store.A respected name in information technology […]