"'Disobedient Electronics' is a zine-oriented publishing project that seeks submissions from industrial designers, electronic artists, hackers and makers that disobey conventions, especially work that is used to highlight injustices, discrimination or abuses of power."
That's a category I can get behind. Submissions due Dec 31.
As a context, here is a list of some projects that would fit as “Disobedient Electronics”:
– Natalie Jeremijenko – Feral Robotic Dogs
– The Bureau of Inverse Technology – Suicide Box
– Michelle Teran – Life: A User’s Manual
– Benjamin Gaulon – Corrupt.desktop
– Critical Art Ensemble, Paul Vanouse, Faith Wilding – Radio Bikes
– Institute for Applied Autonomy – Graffiti Writer
– Survival Research Laboratories – Demanufacturing Machine
– James Pierce – Obscura 1C Camera
– Electronic Disturbance Theater – Transborder Immigrant Tool
– The Yes Men – The Survivaball Survival Suit
– The Illuminator Art Collective – The Illuminator
– Limor Fried / Ladyada – Wave Bubble Cell Phone Jammer
– Barbie Liberation Organization – Barbie / G.I. Joe Home Surgery Instructions
– Rafael Lozano-Hemmer – Updating ‘Perverting Technological Correctness’ for 2017
– Krzysztof Wodiczko: Updating ‘Interrogative Design’ Post-Trump
– Dunne & Raby: Updating ‘Critical Design’ Post-Brexit
DISOBEDIENT ELECTRONICS: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS [Beyond the Beyond]
(via We Make Money Not Art)
The whole magic community mourns the passing of Eugene Burger, at age 78. One of the most influential magicians of the 20th century, as well as an exceptional human being, he will be sorely missed by a vast network of loving friends, students and fans all the world over. The impact of Eugene’s contribution to […]
Back in 2011, The New York Review of Books inducted Daniel Pinkwater’s classic Lizard Music into its canon with a handsome little hardcover edition; today they follow that up with a stylish, jazzy paperback, priced to move at $10.
My Walkaway book-tour is basically over, but I’m taking a little victory lap tonight at my local library, the Buena Vista Branch of the Burbank Public Library. Hope to see you there!
The Pry.Me Bottle Opener holds tens of thousands of times its own weight, and you can pick one up now from the Boing Boing Store.This remarkable keychain is considerably smaller than any of your keys, but don’t let that fool you: it can easily open any bottle, and could even tow a trailer full of […]
Guaranteeing your privacy online goes way beyond checking the “Do Not Track” option in your browser’s settings. To ensure that your internet activity is totally hidden from Internet Service Providers, advertisers, and other prying eyes, take a look at Windscribe’s VPN protection. It usually costs $7.50 per month, but you can get a 3-year subscription […]
This project management bundle will help you get organized and learn how to lead a team to success. You can pay what you want for these five courses when you pick them up from the Boing Boing Store.To help you become an invaluable asset for your company, this bundle includes a curated collection of professional […]