Fat Cookies sells cookies out of a second-story window in San Francisco. Owners Eve, Kathleen and Clem dangle a string with a sign advertising their goodies out of the kitchen window of their apartment "$1 for a FRESH baked cookie! (pull the string if you wish to partake)" Pull the string and send up a dollar and they'll lower down a cookie.
The street finds its own use for things, and in this case, the street is a nice one in Dolores Park, and the "thing" is a time-honored cocaine dealer's technique.
- HOWTO make 36-hour perfect cookies in 3 hours - Boing Boing
- Science cookie cutters - Boing Boing
- HOWTO Make a Death Star Cookie - Boing Boing
- Frozen pizza and frozen cookie-dough, in the same package - Boing ...
- Evercookie: a tracking browser cookie you can't delete - Boing Boing
- Helveticookies - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.