Occupy News Bins: miniature Lego OWS, complete with pepper-spraying cop

17 Responses to “Occupy News Bins: miniature Lego OWS, complete with pepper-spraying cop”

1. I think the smirky face for the cop was an added bonus.

2. Paul Renault says:

From a Fark comment:
    “Whenever I need to breezily inflict discipline on unruly citizens, I know I can trust…”

Come for the product, stay for the reviews and the customer images.

3. EH says:

Boing Boing reliably locks up and crashes Chrome.

• pupdog says:

Strange, I rarely use anything other than Chrome and haven’t had a problem.

• retchdog says:

not mine (chrome 15.0.874.121 on mac os 10.6.8).

• Marktech says:

Boing Boing reliably locks up and crashes Chrome.

It invariably used to crash the individual tabs when I had a bunch of BB tabs open, in Chromium under various breeds of Linux on three machines; working down the RSS feed would effectively max out the CPU and RAM.

I suspect… [looks round,  whispers behind hand...] Disqus…

• EH says:

While I complain about Disqus periodically, it is in reference to other bugs; I visit many, many sites that use Disqus where this never happens.

• Marktech says:

True for me as well, although the experiment of opening the same number of tabs from other Disqus sites causes similar, though less extreme, patterns of processor and memory usage in Chromium.  I don’t open tabs in these sites in anywhere near the quantity I open tabs from BB; and in my experience, the other sites using Disqus don’t have anywhere near the number of comments.  YMMV, of course.

And, of course, the utterly unanswerable argument of the end user: it only happened after the… upgrade…

4. mtdna says:

Additional bonus points for being located in an “Employment Guide” machine!

5. what_do_you_care says:

I’ve noted the Frank Chu reference in the background. San Francisco locals should catch that reference.

• Bevatron Repairman says:

I hurried down to comments to make that very point.  Has Frank been at OWS SF that much?  I no longer work in the City and I just don’t see him as front and center on the local news as he has been in the past.

• what_do_you_care says:

I wish I could tell you Bevatron..I’m an indentured servant so I have not been to many protests, much less been on a date.

6. Dave Delisle says:

If I saw some Legos in a newspaper box – especially a bunch of minifigs – darn right I would take them home with me!

Awesome little scene though.

7. Lauren Read says:

I love it.  OWS has a serious purpose but has levity, too.  An honest spectrum of expression, but it’s all the truth.  http://OccupyGovernment.org has got the online activism bit down, gathering non-corporate candidates & supporters for the 2012 elections.  Join up!

8. DocPop says:

Somebody removed the Lego diorama, but I also scattered mini-protestors in newspaper boxes around downtown too http://www.docpop.org/2011/11/more-fun-with-news-bins/

Maybe some of those guys will survive :)

9. William Joseph Dunn says:

To be a little more accurate, it needs a fatter lego cop.