Candy Corn on the cob

35 Responses to “Candy Corn on the cob”

1. Paul Harrington says:

This woman is on the cutting edge of evil.

2. Souse says:

My life is now complete.

3. Xeni Jardin says:

I want to have a feast with these and candy corn oreos. i saw that on south park. i havent checked to see if it’s a real thing because if it is i will eat ALLLL of the candy corn oreos.

4. Looks delicious,

However:

“…caramel (since I had a fresh bag of that around too).”

A fresh bag of caramel? I’m not sure whether to judge for calling a bag of processed caramel ‘fresh’, or to be impressed that someone would make up a batch of caramel and bag it. Either way I think this was along the right line, personally – I would have gone with a fudge.

5. Chris Gladish says:

I like the idea, but not at wasting the cookie dough, or at having uncooked cookie dough sitting out at room temperature.

So, I’m trying to think of alternatives – please, post suggestions here, or if you actually try it, maybe some results?

My ideas so far:

* Laffy Taffy (or regular taffy?), formed into a small log, maybe nuked for a few seconds to soften the outer edge for candy corn insertion (there’s a loaded phrase for ya).

* Setup a mold, pour molten sugar – dangerous, brittle difficult, time consuming, I don’t think this is a good option

* Chewing gum?  Not even sure how to pull this off.

6. brerrabbit23 says:

Breatharians: it cannot be done breatharian.

7. Mark Stephan says:

Stole my idea (that I never did anything with) ;)
    Had that idea about 10 years ago

8. dioptase says:

Has anyone else tried chicken fried corn on the cob?  Wow!  Deadly good.  Next up is for someone to batter fry candy corn on the cob.  Doesn’t really appeal to me taste wise, but it would be an epic creation.

9. royaltrux says:

Disgusting. No bowl of sugar is safe from you all.

10. Ed Falk says:

Friends made candy corn on the cob back in college.  They did it by putting some candy corn in a blender on “liquify”, and then molding the resulting goop into the cob and pressing some more candy corn into it.

Definitely a sugar overdose.

11. Bruce Arnold says:

Look! She’s wearing a MASH shirt! Cool!