BB Readers' DIY Costumes: We are all Pussy Riot

13 Responses to “BB Readers' DIY Costumes: We are all Pussy Riot”

1. EH says:

Cry me a river. Come back when you take care of the whole evangelizing & proselytizing thing.

2. hymenopterid says:

I respect what you’re saying, but churches are centers of the community, which makes them good places to start revolutions.

This speech was also made in a church:

3. Peacen1k says:

What’s interesting is that before their church ‘act’ these “art-provocateur-heroes” conducted the same performance on the Red Square in front of the Kremlin and no one paid any attention to their stunts. Hope that tells you something.

Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcmldeC7Ec

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Yes, that they learned from that experience and got more publicity on subsequent actions.

• Peacen1k says:

Insulting a large segment of the population tends to do that, yeah. I mean give more publicity.

• Hymenopterid says:

So, when you speak of insulting a large segment of the population, is there anything in their lyrics which might be insulting to that segment or is it just that the performance was inside the church?  I am curious, because I have no idea what they’re saying in the song.  I assume they are upset about things but I gathered that it was mostly to do with Putin and company.  Are they talking about the church as well?

• Peacen1k says:

As evidenced by the previous comments the attention and publicity resulted from their church performance. The lyrics certainly didn’t help with the feelings of the faithful.

The song lyrics are provided under the youtube video by the performers themselves. You can run them through google translate and make up your own mind.

• Hymenopterid says:

Seemed like a nice song to me.

4. BarBarSeven says:

All of these protestors would be more effective if they were only nicer… And maybe got married … And maybe shut up.

5. Mister44 says:

Yeah – I can see them explaining themselves over and over tonight about who they are supposed to be.

6. Navin_Johnson says:

They should have went as old school Pussy Riot Voina era: “F******* for Medvedev”