13 Responses to “That NSA Prism PowerPoint deck: A better-designed version, and what's in the missing slides?”

1. Luther Blissett says:

May EdSnow have an insurance.aes256?

2. NelC says:

But do we really want the NSA’s presentations on spying on us to be slick and good-looking? I think I’d prefer that they be amateurish; then there’s a slight hope that someone viewing them might allow their attention to wander and think about what the presentation is actually selling.

3. David D says:

Very prudent of Mr. Greenwald and his editors. The journos are called heroic for dramatically revealing something we already knew and their source gets to spend a long period of time in very small rooms.

4. Jonathan says:

Latest move by Google: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/asking-us-government-to-allow-google-to.html

We therefore ask you to help make it possible for Google to publish in our Transparency Report aggregate numbers of national security requests, including FISA disclosures—in terms of both the number we receive and their scope.

• Cowicide says:

Sounds like more like a desperate attempt at a distraction than anything else.  They already know what the answer will be.  We all already know what the answer will be.

5. Andrew Crump says:

Ahh man, I thought I was first to re-design. Just beaten to it.

• Cowicide says:

I so, so wish both Apple and Microsoft weren’t on that list.  I’d switch to either one that stood up to this shit.

I wonder how many Americans are going to change their workflow and even possibly their business goals just so they can stop being spied on so readily by the United States of Corporations?

I know I’m looking into Linux now more than ever even if that means some disadvantages to my workflow.

Who wants quasi-governmental corporations under the guise of “security and safety” peeking into their business plans?  Not me.

6. ChickieD says:

I vote we stop using PowerPoint altogether and just teach people to give a proper informative speech. Even the reworked slides are a big YAWN – prettier, more informative – but still would not keep me awake in a meeting. Fortunately, in that meeting I could be perusing my co-worker’s Yahoo accounts, which would be much more fun.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Two words: Interpretive dance.

• Luther Blissett says:

One: Eurythmy./remark: Please don’t get on about the ideology. I know. It’s disgustingly pseudo-scientific.

7. jayburd2020 says:

Speaking of the NSA PowerPoint, here’s a hilarious lampoon of them by the FluffingtonPost. Even never considered the branding implications of this scandal. Funny stuff. http://bit.ly/14xftKD